Late-binding of function defaults (was Re: What is a function parameter =[] for?)

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Wed Nov 25 13:48:44 EST 2015

On 25/11/2015 18:03, Ian Kelly wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 10:18 AM, BartC <bc at freeuk.com> wrote:
>>> We have no way of evaluating their power or simplicity,
>>> since they are not available to us.
>>
>> I'll see if I can rustle up a comparison so that Python users can see what
>> they're missing!
>
> Unless you're going to make the actual languages available for public
> use, what's the point?

For ideas? Sometimes it's interesting to know about other approaches to
a feature or new ones that can be useful.

Then someone else can implement them! I'd be sharing my language design
ideas not my amateurish implementations.

(Which aren't easy to distribute anyway because they are implemented in
themselves.)

--
Bartc