Futex hang when running event loop on a separated thread

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 14:41:51 EST 2015

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Marc Aymerich <glicerinu at gmail.com> wrote:
> still it appears to work only if the main thread is in the foreground
> (as of calling Thread() with deamon=True), I don't get why it behaves
> differently :( maybe it is waiting for other stuff, but no idea how to
> confirm this with strace of other means.. i always see the same
> 'futex(0x7f9a70000c10, FUTEX_WAIT_PRIVATE, 0, NULL'

What's your exact version of Python?  asyncio is still evolving
rapidly, and may behave differently between patch releases (say,
between 3.4.1 and 3.4.3).

I have tried out your reproducer with my fix, and I can't provoke a
hang using Python 3.4.3 on either OSX or Ubuntu Trusty.  Can you give
some more specific directions to reproduce?

--
Zach