Dabbling in web development

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Thu Nov 19 18:28:30 EST 2015

In a message of Fri, 20 Nov 2015 01:07:24 +0200, Marko Rauhamaa writes:
>Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se>:
>
>> There are lots of other choices than Django.
>>
>> see: https://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks/
>
>However, are there any good web applications? I have seen some heroic
>attempts but most fail miserably or at least have some annoying
>glitches.
>
>The cardinal sin of web development seems to be micromanagement. Instead
>of letting the web standards do their work, the application wants to be
>in full control with JavaScript and XML HTTP requests. The results can
>be awe-inspiring but at the same time fail at the basics. For example,
>select/copy with the mouse might not work. Fonts might be garbled. Half
>the page might be invisible and unscrollable. Or nothing will be
>displayed at all.
>

>Marko

But you see that whether or not you use a Heavy framework like
Django or a Microframework like Flask (which is all about how
to serve such things up .... how you butcher the results is
your own business.)

Web design is a lot harder than most people who make webpages think.

So what else is new?

Laura