What is a function parameter =[] for?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 19 13:20:34 EST 2015

On 19/11/2015 17:30, BartC wrote:
> On 19/11/2015 16:01, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 12:19 am, BartC wrote:
>
>> You know, for somebody who claims to design and implement your own
>> languages, you sometimes go to a remarkable effort to claim to be a
>> dummy.
>> You write your own interpreter, but can't understand early versus late
>> binding? I don't think so.
>
> No I don't; so? Maybe my interpreter can do its thing without being
> aware that what it's doing has been called 'late binding' or 'early
> binding' by someone else.
>
> At least its default values work as expected!

Python's default values work exactly as I expect as the subject has been
debated at least twice a year on c.l.py for the 15 or so years that I've
been using Python.  If your expectations are clearly wrong, that is your
problem and your problem alone.  A solution to your problem is another
language that does meet all of your expectations, but as there is never
a "one size fits all" the only one that I can think of is your own,
whatever that is called.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence