pyinstaller and Python 3.5 on Windows?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Nov 19 02:50:21 EST 2015

Christian Gollwitzer <auriocus at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 18.11.15 um 23:46 schrieb Ulli Horlacher:
> > To run my Python programs on other Windows systems without a Python
> > installation I must create standalone Windows executables.
> >
> > pyinstaller runs without any problems with Python 2.7.10 on Windows 7, but
> > with Python 3.5 I get:
> >  [stack trace]
>
> Are you using the newest version?

Yes. Yesterday installed.

> According to http://www.pyinstaller.org/ they claim support for Python3.

Therefore my try :-)

> Does a hello world script work?

No.
My test-program I tried to compile was:

#!/usr/bin/python

from tkinter import Tk,filedialog

askopenfilename = filedialog.askopenfilename

Tk().withdraw()
file = filedialog.askopenfilename()
print('File selected: "%s"\n' % file)

It runs directly, but I cannot compile it with pyinstaller.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum IZUS/TIK         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
Allmandring 30a                Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/