Help on savefig parameters

fl rxjwg98 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 11:31:08 EST 2015

Hi,
I find the parameters of savefig function has the similar format of that of
main(*argc, **argv) in C. I have tried with savefig("temp.pdf", format='pdf'),
and it works. I get the help content of savefig() as below.
But I cannot understand why they also give:

savefig(fname, dpi=None, facecolor='w', edgecolor='w', ...

For me, it looks like the first item, i.e. 'args' is missing.
Could you explain it to me?

Thanks,

savefig(*args, **kwargs)
    Save the current figure.

    Call signature::

      savefig(fname, dpi=None, facecolor='w', edgecolor='w',
              orientation='portrait', papertype=None, format=None,
              transparent=False, bbox_inches=None, pad_inches=0.1,
              frameon=None)