Trying out Kivy

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Fri Nov 13 13:30:00 EST 2015

On Friday 13 Nov 2015 18:21 CET, Michael Torrie wrote:

> On 11/13/2015 09:33 AM, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
>> I tried to install pygame and PIL with pip3, but that did not find
>> anything.
>
> The replacement for PIL is called Pillow. I'm not sure if it's a
> drop-in replacement or not. If it's not, then you'd have to modify
> Kivy to import from Pillow. Pillow does support Python3.

After installing Pillow the error about PIL disappeared, but I got new
errors about bcm and x11.

>> Is there another way to install those dependencies?
>
> Did you do a search to find out a) if PyGame supports Python3 (it
> does) and b) where to go to download the source code for it? (their
> home page)?
>
> PyPi is nice, but it's not the only place you can get useful Python
> modules from.
>
>> But more importantly: can I develop with python3 for the Android?
>> Because the primary reason to use Kivy is to develop applications
>> for Android.
>
> Again, did you do a quick Google search?

I did. But I did not find specifics about the version of Python.

Well, maybe I should first play a bit with Kivy and if it is the way
to go, I delve into the python3 bit.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer