Question about math.pi is mutable

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Thu Nov 12 17:19:59 EST 2015

On 12/11/2015 20:40, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> […] Ben Finney […] wrote:
>>> I recommend you ignore that request; “Bartc” is fine as a name here,
>>> IMO.
>>
>> Given that LARTC means Linux Advanced Routing and Traffic Control, I'm
>> guessing Bartc is all about *BSD networking? :)
>
> I thought LART were the Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool ;-)
>
> And on GABELNs [1] it is considered polite to post using your real name.
> Lack of politeness towards the people whom would otherwise be willing to
> help you may cause you to be ignored by them instead.  You have been warned.

I'm reading this 'list' on usenet. No-one else in many thousands of
posts has ever complained before about my user-name.

But I guess you haven't been on that many forums. Few people use their
full names or anything that looks like a real name. Partly, so they
don't have someone who violently disagrees with them causing problems
(like discovering their address and coming round).

Mostly people use names that are wacky, funny, or just meaningless.

(FWIW, my real first name is Bart and C is the initial of my last name.
Very dull I know.)

--
bart c