Python Trouble

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Thu Nov 12 05:14:56 EST 2015

In a message of Wed, 11 Nov 2015 20:01:46 +0000, Kaif Mahmood writes:

>I downloaded the recent version of Python and after it downloaded I
 tried IDLE. But when I tried to load it, it didn’t load and just
 acted as if nothing happened. All of the other features work fine,
 it’s just IDLE not working. I tried different versions but I
 encounter the same problem. The only way I managed to load it was by
 right clicking on previous files and clicking edit with IDLE; IDLE
 loaded but when I clicked run, it just froze and closed. Please help.

At the command line, run

python -m idlelib.idle

or

python3 -m idlelib.idle

and then reply here with that information.  Also what version of
Python you are trying to run on what OS.  (i.e 3.5 on Windows Vista)

Laura