[Ubuntu] PyQt5

Andrew Diamond adiamond1978 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 11:03:44 EST 2015

On Saturday, November 7, 2015 at 10:13:25 PM UTC-5, Andrew Diamond wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm fairly new to Python, and installed pyqt5 and began working through the examples at http://zetcode.com/gui/pyqt5/menustoolbars/  However, whenever I click one of the buttons or menus in the example apps I run that is supposed to quit the application, it locks up.  This happens with all the examples I installed that handle code to quit the app.
>
> Running Ubuntu 15.10, and installed pyqt5 via:
>
> sudo apt-get install python3-pyqt5
> sudo apt-get install qtcreator
>
> Thank you in advance for any assistance!

I just read somewhere that the issue could be because I was trying to run these examples from within Idle.  However, when I try to run them from the terminal, I run into another snag:

andrew at andrew-Satellite-P755:~/Programming/Python$ python tut8.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "tut8.py", line 16, in <module>
    from PyQt5.QtWidgets import QMainWindow, QAction, qApp, QApplication
ImportError: No module named PyQt5.QtWidgets

...a path issue?