Question about math.pi is mutable

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Nov 8 06:11:20 EST 2015

On Sun, 8 Nov 2015 08:44 pm, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

> Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info>:
>
>> On Sun, 8 Nov 2015 01:23 am, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
>>> Correct. That's not Python's fault, however. Python should not try to
>>> placate the performance computing people. (Alas, it is now trying to
>>> do just that with the introduction of static typing annotation.)
>>
>> That is factually incorrect.
>>
>> The motive behind the introduction of typing annotations is not "speed",
>> but "correctness".
>
> Oh, then I'm even more disappointed with type annotation.

/me does a double-take

Wait a minute, you've just spent a bunch of paragraphs explaining that
Python is plenty fast enough (for you), that you don't need it to be
faster. Okay. Now you're saying that you're *even more* disappointed that
type annotations will be used to make code *more correct* and *less buggy*.

So... you have no need for Python to be fast, and even less need for Python
code to be correct...

Or perhaps you mean that you don't need help writing correct code, because
your code is perfect...

It is moments like this I wonder if you are trolling.

--
Steven