Question about math.pi is mutable

Bartc bc at freeuk.com
Sat Nov 7 10:01:34 EST 2015

On 07/11/2015 14:28, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net>:
>
>> In my work, I currently use bash, Python and C. For many, many tasks,
>> bash is superior to Python. For others, Python can't compete with C.
>> Yet the vast gap between bash and C is nicely filled with Python.
>
> And, by the way, the introduction of the "const" keyword was maybe the
> biggest mistake the C standardizers ever made. It turned out to be about
> as useful as a mosquito buzzing at your ear, and equally persistent and
> annoying.

(Yes, 'const' in C is a waste of time, and half the people using it
don't appear to know what it means. Some people also like to use it
practically everywhere so that you can no longer make out the actual
code. The version in C++ is a more complicated form even further away
from what people really want.

Neither have the simplicity of concept of Pascal's 'const', which is
just a named value. Not a variable that won't change once initialised,
not a parameter that won't be changed nor any addressable location.)

--
Bartc