Question about math.pi is mutable

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Nov 7 07:15:32 EST 2015

Bartc <bc at freeuk.com> writes:

> To my mind, Python allows far too much freedom in being able to change
> anything at any time.

You're welcome to that opinion. I don't see you present a reason why it
should affect anyone else's opinion of Python, though.

> Yet Python has to assume 100% of the time that it could have been
> changed. Think of the opportunities for optimising if the probability
> was 0%.

Such a pity that Python is missing all those opportunities for
widespread adoption, by not hewing closer to your preferences.

--
 \        “That's the essence of science: Ask an impertinent question, |
  `\            and you're on the way to the pertinent answer.” —Jacob |