Python dashboard tutorials/frameworks for interactive, D3.js graphs in IPython Notebooks

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 03:38:11 EST 2015

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 5:13 PM,  <srinath.nathan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 8:10:16 PM UTC-4, Matt Sundquist wrote:
>> For more background, refer to our Python docs: https://plot.ly/python/, our Python framework for making dashboards: https://github.com/plotly/dash, our data science blog: http://moderndata.plot.ly/, or these 21 IPython Notebooks: https://plot.ly/python/ipython-notebooks/.
>>

> You guys are so expensive - not even worth looking into your product. Absolutely retarded.
> Srinath

No need to be so rude as you complain about people getting paid for their work.

I'm not even sure your complaint is accurate; where did you see
ridiculously high prices? I started with the first link I quoted above
(the Python docs), and up the top is this note: "plotly is free for
unlimited public use". Then there's a zero-dollar option (though that
might be the same as the previous note), and a $20/mo option called
"professional". If professional usage is only $20 per month, I don't
think it's fair to call it "absolutely retarded". Yes, there's also an
on-premise option for ten grand a year, but that's some serious
top-end privacy stuff... if you think you have to pay that just to
make use of their services, then yes, I can see that you'd complain
about the pricing!

Or was this a deliberate troll to make people go look at the pricing
in more detail?

ChrisA