Bugfixing python 3.5 asyncio

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Nov 4 17:52:30 EST 2015

On 11/3/2015 8:24 PM, Dmitry Panteleev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is a bug in asyncio.Queue
> (https://github.com/python/asyncio/issues/268), which makes it
> unusable for us. It is fixed in master now.

I presume that the fix has been merged into the CPython repository (you
could check).  If so, it should be included when 3.5.1 is released in
about a month+.

> What is the easiest way to
> patch the asyncio bundled with python if I have to distribute it among
> 5 colleagues? It is used in our private module.

The cleanest way -- in my opinion -- would be to patch your 3.5.0
installations, making them '3.5.0+'.  For 5 installations,

> I can think of:
> 1. Copy asyncio.queues into our package so it has a different name

this would be easiest, but then I would retest and presumably revise and
redistribute after 3.5.1 is out

> 2. Override sys.path
>
> Both look really strange. Is there anything else?

What I said above.

--
Terry Jan Reedy