Regular expressions

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 10:13:51 EST 2015

On 11/04/2015 01:57 AM, Peter Otten wrote:
> and then headed for the man page. Apparently there is a subset
> called "basic regular expressions":
>
> """>   Basic vs Extended Regular Expressions
>        In basic regular expressions the meta-characters ?, +, {, |, (,
>        and ) lose their special meaning; instead use  the  backslashed
>        versions \?, \+, \{, \|, \(, and \).
> """

Good catch. I think this must have been what my brain was thinking when
I commented about grep and regular expressions earlier. I checked the
man page but didn't read down far enough.

I was still technically wrong though.

It's neat to learn so much on these tangents that the python list goes
on frequently. Hope the OP is still lurking, reading all these comments,
though I suspect he's not.