Python PNG Viewer(Browser Based)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Nov 4 02:23:53 EST 2015

Arshpreet Singh <arsh840 at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tuesday, 3 November 2015 21:32:03 UTC+5:30, Chris Warrick  wrote:
> > Your problem is lack of basic understanding of the Internet.
>
> Yes That's true at some level.

More specifically, your problem is not “how do I do this with Python?”
but rather “what is a web page?”.

So, the research you need to do is not Python-specific, instead you need
to learn about the structure of web pages and web applications.

> My present working system shows me list of all files (PNGs, JPGs, txt,
> SVGs) in browser, when I click on file it opens it and show contents
> of it.

You are directing your web browser to visit a folder on your local file
system. It is obliging you by presenting a directory of local files.

Instead, you need to learn how to author web pages.

There are countless resources for learning about generating a web page
from scratch. You could learn a lot from the Wikibooks project
<URL:https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Authoring_Webpages>.

You'll also need to appreciate that developing web pages is a *very*
extensive topic. You might need nothing more than to create simple
static pages; you don't need Python at all for that. You might need a
powerful Web programming framework, Python has excellent support for
that <URL:https://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks>.

Without you learning the very basics of web sites, though, you won't get
much use from Python-specific knowledge about web frameworks.

Good hunting!

--
 \              “Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against |
  `\       unintelligible propositions.” —Thomas Jefferson, 1816-07-30 |