cvxopt install problem

Ek Esawi esawiek at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:18:49 EST 2015

Hi All—

I needed to install cvxopt on a 64 bit W7. I found out that cvxopt is
incompatible with a 64 bit. It only compatible with a 32 bit which can be
installed on a 64 bit computer and it works. I stumbled on this on another
discussion group posting. The suggestion was to install python 32 bit on a
64 bit computer, then download cvxopt and install it via conda.

Here is the suggestion from the posting  [If you are using Windows, an easy
solution could be the Anaconda distribution (http://continuum.io/downloads).
Select and install the 32 bit version. It will be easier to install the
cvxopt package. Search it in the binstar repository (
https://binstar.org/search?q=cvxopt). Open a console terminal and install
it (e. g. "conda install -chttps://conda.binstar.org/omnia cvxopt").?]

I did everything except the last command to install cvxopt, that’s “conda
install -chttps://conda.binstar.org/omnia cvxopt".

Here is the command I used:

conda install c:/Users/eesawi0001/Downloads/cvxopt-1.1.7-py34.tar

I kept getting invalid syntax

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EKE