GoPiGo script

hakugin.gin at gmail.com hakugin.gin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 08:45:09 EST 2015

On Monday, November 2, 2015 at 8:29:26 AM UTC-5, input/ld... at casema.nl wrote:
> I tried to use def loop(): now for to restart the script.
> but its only restart "fwd()" print ("forward 1x") and then stop.
> It does not look further for the if function.
> Is there another way to restart this script ?
> I also tried with (while True:) but that does nothing.
>
> Thanks

<snip>

Try this: (hopefully the indentation is preserved)

from gopigo import *
from time import sleep

# Boolean variable for the "while" loop
KEEP_GOING = True

enable_servo()
mindist = 80
servo(90)

set_right_speed(150)
set_left_speed(105)

def MainLoop():
  # A check statement can be added to set KEEP_GOING to False
  # and allow the function to end
    while KEEP_GOING:
        mindist = 90
        server(90)
        fwd()
        print("forward1x")
        if mindist > us_dist(15):
            bwd()
            print("backward1x",us_dist(15)
            sleep(2)
            left_rot()
            print("left rot",us_dist(15))
            sleep(3)
            stop()
        if mindist < us_dist(15):
            fwd()
            print("forward2x",us_dist(15))
            time.sleep(2)
            stop()

# This is a simple check to determine if the script was run by itself
# or if it was imported by another script. If it was imported it will
# fail this check and not run the code but will allow access to the
# function defined above.
if __name__ == '__main__':
    MainLoop()

- Mike