python doesn't install

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Mon Nov 2 01:16:25 EST 2015

On 02/11/2015 00:08, Daniel Joffe wrote:
> WinXP...32 bits...professional
>
> I keep getting message
>

> note also that there is no place on the install box to start...you just
> click somewhere, and the install started.

I'm afraid you've been bitten by the fact that we no longer support
Windows XP and haven't communicated this very well. We have a new
version of the installer almost ready for release which indicates this
much earlier (and more obviously). I'm afraid if you're on XP you're
limited to Python 3.4 and earlier, all of which are perfectly usable I'm
happy to say!

TJG