installer user interface glitch ?

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 17:28:00 EST 2015

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> wrote:
> Actually, adding the XP - do not look here --
> message for several webpages has been on the pydotorg
> todo list for more than a week now.
>
> Not sure why it hasn't happened.
>
> Thank you for the reminder.

I have to confess I do not understand all of the hullabaloo generated
in this thread, but I think it would be helpful if there were an
obviously placed minimum requirements note for the download page.
Something like "Requires Windows Vista or greater ...", etc.  I
imagine many people are like myself, just trying to learn Python and
want the latest version, etc.  Many software products include a
minimum requirements statement on their download page, so--at least to
me--it does not seem unreasonable for the Python folks to do the same.
If nothing else it might reduce the number of recent XP users from
asking the same questions over, and, ..., and over.  Of course if such
people would only type in their issue into their favorite search
engine...  But that is a different issue--heavy sigh!

--
boB