Puzzled

Sibylle Koczian nulla.epistola at web.de
Sun Nov 1 05:19:47 EST 2015

Am 30.10.2015 um 17:20 schrieb Robinson, Wendy:
> Hi there,
>
> I installed Python 3.5.0 64-bit for Windows yesterday and tried some
> basic programs successfully.
>
> This morning I rebooted my computer and can’t get a single one to work.
> The interpreter seems to be fine and the environment variables look
> correct.  But every py file I try to run at the >>> prompt gives me a
> NameError.

Did you try the exact same things yesterday and this morning? The >>>
prompt isn't made for running py files, but for directly entering
statements and executing them. Running py files from a windows command
prompt (probably after changing into the right directory) should work.
Importing py files at the >>> prompt and using their content should work
(again, if Python can find them).

So, what exactly did you do yesterday and what exactly did you do today?

HTH
Sibylle