Creating a reliable sandboxed Python environment

Modulok modulok at gmail.com
Sat May 30 21:08:37 EDT 2015

While this thread is indeed a theoretical discussion of the interpreter,
for a practical solution where you control the host environment, one might
look into OS level sandboxing like FreeBSD's Jails (not to be confused with
a simple chroot environment) along with various resource limiting
parameters. You can lock down a 'sandboxed' i.e. jailed environment for
arbitrary data and processes, including python, pretty tightly.

-Kurt-