Creating a reliable sandboxed Python environment

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Sat May 30 16:54:48 EDT 2015

In a message of Sat, 30 May 2015 20:42:49 +0200, Stefan Behnel writes:

>So here the cost of security is actually rewriting the entire language
>runtime and potentially also major parts of its ecosystem? Not exactly a
>cheap price either.
>
>Stefan

Well, the runtime is mostly generated, you don't have to write it by
hand.  But, yes, writing an interpreter is work, no question.  I think
that the problem of writing an interpreter is a much smaller proposition
than playing whack-a-mole with language level sandboxing, but depending
on your language, I could be wrong about that.

Laura