Creating a reliable sandboxed Python environment

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Fri May 29 21:28:33 EDT 2015

> Do you see what I mean about functionality being sacrificed for
> security?

No I don't.  Lua has less functionality because it was designed to have
a small embedding footprint.  Python is much bigger because it was
mostly designed to run as a standalone interpreter.  That has nothing to
do with security.  You haven't shown the slightest connection between
Lua's lower functionality and its higher sandbox security, because there
is none.  The lower functionality is because of a totally independent
reason, namely the desire to make the interpreter smaller.