Fixing Python install on the Mac after running 'CleanMyMac'

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Fri May 29 13:59:44 EDT 2015

In article <bffd4736-f9ff-492e-9069-836f6e7867d8 at googlegroups.com>,
 MrJean1 <MrJean1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> FWIW, I recently upgraded an older MacBook to Mac OS X 10.7.5 and there are 3
> different versions of Python in /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework,
> see:
>
> $ ls /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/
> 2.5	2.6	2.7	Current
> >
> It is unclear whether MacOS X 10.7.5 installed all four of these Python
> versions.  The older one(s) may be left over from the previous MacOS X
> release on the machine

For compatibility with applications linked on older OS X releases, Apple
customarily ships more than one version of Python frameworks with OS X.
There are actually three versions of the system Python frameworks there:
you should see that "Current" is actually a symbolic link to "2.7".  All
of those versions are shipped as part of OS X 10.7.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org