OpenCV with Python (cv or cv2)

Markos markos at c2o.pro.br
Fri May 29 10:29:03 EDT 2015

Hi Laura,

I will follow your advice and install Debian 8.0. I was postponing this
upgrade. :^)

I just find that Jessie is the new stable release.

According to the tutorial:

http://milq.github.io/install-opencv-ubuntu-debian/

the simplest way to install opencv in jessie is:

apt-get install python-dev libopencv-opencv

And from what I saw the opencv package available in the repository is 2.4.9

https://packages.debian.org/jessie/python-opencv

And from what I saw on the site:

https://packages.debian.org/jessie/python3
and
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/python

There are packages in the repository for python 3.4.2-2 and 2.7.9-1

My doubt is which version of Python (3.4.2-2 or 2.7.9-1) is compatible
with the opencv library 2.4.9 available in the repository?

Thanks for your attention,
Markos