Question About Image Processing in Python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu May 28 07:05:21 EDT 2015

On 5/28/2015 6:34 AM, Serge Christian Ibala wrote:

> I want to know which version of Python is compatible (or can be
> associated with which version of which "tools or package" for image
> processing)

pillow is a one standard for image processing but I see that mahotas
does different things. pillow is both 2.x and 3.x.

> I am working under Window and it is so complicated to find out which
> version of which tool goes with which other version?

The magic site for Windows binaries is
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
Now pip installable with an extra arg if not automatic.

> I want to use the following package
>
> “numpy, matplotib, mahotas, ipython   OpenCV and SciPy"

opencv seems to be the only one not available for 3.x.

> Python 2.7 or Python 2.10 which version of the following tools

no 2.10, just 2.7.10, which is what you should install.

> “numpy, matplotib, mahotas, ipython, OpenCV and SciPy”

just try pip install xyz and let it pick but see above if necessary for
Windows binaries.

--
Terry Jan Reedy