SyntaxError on progress module

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Wed May 27 04:42:25 EDT 2015

Op Wednesday 27 May 2015 09:30 CEST schreef alb:

> But here I have another question, as a python novice is there really
> any reason for me to use any particular version of Python?
>
> Should I start directly with the newest? What about 2.7?

In principal you should use the ‘latest’ 3. The only problem is that a
lot of libraries are not converted to 3 yet. If you need one of those,
then you have ‘no choice’ and have to use 2.7. But I would recommend
to use ‘from __future__' to make the 2.7 code as much as possible 3
compliant.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer