Array of Functions

Gary Herron gary.herron at islandtraining.com
Tue May 26 21:18:04 EDT 2015

On 05/26/2015 05:43 PM, richard_riehle wrote:
> I realized that I mentioned earlier that I found a solution to my original question, but that I never posted an example of the solution.   So, here is a simplified example for anyone who is interested.
>
> def fArray(fselect, fparm  = 1):
> 	def A1(p = fparm):
> 		if p == 1:
> 			print("printing A1[1]")
> 		else:
> 			print("printing A1[other]")
> 	def A2(p = fparm):
> 		if p == 1:
> 			print("printing A2[1]")
> 		else:
> 			print("printing A2[other]")
> 	A = [A1, A2]
> 	A[fselect]()

Nested functions are often confusing and unclear, and there is really no
need for them here.   This does the same thing:

def A1(p):
     print("printing",  "A1[1]" if p==1 else "A1[other]"))

def A2(p):
     print("printing",  "A2[1]" if p==1 else "A2[other]"))

def fArray(fselect, fparm=1):
     A = [A1,A2]
     A[fselect](fparm)