SyntaxError on progress module

alb al.basili at gmail.com
Tue May 26 11:48:18 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I've installed the 'progress' module (ver 1.2) and I have the following
error when used:

  File "/home/debian/repos/2418_IASI-NG/Documents/Tools/tex_tool/venv/local/lib/python3.2/site-packages/progress/bar.py", line 48
    empty_fill = u'∙'
                      ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I believe I have some problems with unicode handling but it's just a
rough guess.

I'm running in a virtual environment with python3.2 with the following
configuration:

(venv)debian at debian:tex_tool$ pip list
pip (7.0.1)
progress (1.2)
pypandoc (0.9.7)
setuptools (15.0)

Any suggestions/comments/pointer is appreciated.

Al