programmatically change windows regional settings?

Albert-Jan Roskam fomcl at yahoo.com
Sun May 24 08:50:03 EDT 2015

Hi,

In Windows I can change the regional settings manually in the control panel. But how do I do this programmatically? I tried setting LANG but this does not work in Windows.

Kernel32's SetLocaleInfo sounds promising, but "This setting only affects the user override portion of the locale settings; it does not set the system defaults." https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee491893(v=winembedded.60).aspx

Another route might be _winreg (but that's probably more brittle and, more importantly, the registry sucks)

My goal is to easily run my unittests in a number of locales (actually a platform x locale x python version matrix)

Thanks!

Albert-Jan