Ah Python, you have spoiled me for all other languages

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat May 23 13:26:00 EDT 2015

On 5/23/2015 7:12 AM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
> On 05/22/2015 08:54 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
>> On 5/22/2015 5:40 PM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
>>
>>> Lo these many years ago, I argued that Python is a whole lot more than
>>> a programming language:
>>>
>>>      https://www.tundraware.com/TechnicalNotes/Python-Is-Middleware/

>> Perhaps something at tundraware needs updating.
>> '''
>> This Connection is Untrusted
>>
>> You have asked Firefox to connect securely to www.tundraware.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
>>
>> Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
>> '''
>>

> It's self signed - something done quite routinely on the net.

I do not routinely see the message above.  In fact, it has been months.
  I think the last time was a python.org site that *did* need updating.
Hence the 'perhaps'. But maybe I do not get around to new sites often
enough.

I went ahead and clicked through the warnings to read you somewhat
prescient 13-year-old piece.

--
Terry Jan Reedy