Ah Python, you have spoiled me for all other languages

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Sat May 23 07:29:41 EDT 2015

On 05/22/2015 11:49 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> When the information you're sharing is completely public,
> there's no point taking the overhead of encryption.

I disagree.  With two different ways to access data, the metadata about
when you do- and do not use an encrypted channel can be useful to
a snoopy third party.  For example, repressive governments might use
the fact of your connecting via https as a prima facie evidence you're
doing something subversive.  The argument for https everywhere is that this
sort of distinction becomes impossible to make and one less piece of metadata
is left around to misuse.

Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com