PYTHONPATH when calling from ipython

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 23 05:12:30 EDT 2015

On 22/05/2015 06:20, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> I am looking into using ipython instead of bash. But when I call a
> python program from ipython PYTHONPATH is not set. So pythonscripts
> that need a module through PYTHONPATH will not work.
>
> I could do something like:
>      !PYTHONPATH=~/Python/PythonLibrary python2 …
>
> But I find that a little bit cumbersome. Is there a better way to do
> it?

What makes you think this?  Have you tried:-

 >>> import os
 >>> os.environ['PYTHONPATH']
'C:\\Users\\Mark\\Documents\\Cash\\Python;C:\\Users\\Mark\\Documents\\MyPython'

That might be from the command line interpreter but it also works the
same from iPython for me on Windows 8.1.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence