Extract email address from Java script in html source using python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat May 23 05:01:55 EDT 2015

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 4:46 PM, savitha devi <savithad8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am developing a web scraper code using HTMLParser. I need to extract
> text/email address from java script with in the HTMLCode.I am beginner level
> in python coding and totally lost here. Need some help on this. The java
> script code is as below:
>
> <script type='text/javascript'>
>  //<!--
>  document.getElementById('cloak48218').innerHTML = '';
>  var prefix = 'ma' + 'il' + 'to';
>  var path = 'hr' + 'ef' + '=';
>  var addy48218 = 'info' + '@';
>  addy48218 = addy48218 + 'tsv-neuried' + '.' +
> 'de';
>  document.getElementById('cloak48218').innerHTML += '<a ' + path + '\'' +
> prefix + ':' + addy48218 + '\'>' + addy48218+'<\/a>';
>  //-->

This is deliberately being done to prevent scripted usage. What
exactly are you needing to do this for?

You're basically going to have to execute the entire block of
JavaScript code, and then decode the entities to get to what you want.
Doing it manually is pretty easy; doing it automatically will
virtually require a language interpreter.

ChrisA