Ah Python, you have spoiled me for all other languages

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Fri May 22 19:00:58 EDT 2015

Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> writes:
> the impression I get after a couple of hours is that Javascript tries
> really hard to do everything it can for you except what you actually want.

Javascript is like C++ in that it's a lot of layers of legacy cruft, but
if you ignore the ugly parts, the good parts that are left are fine to
program in, though there are still stupid issues of type confusion.

If you like Haskell you should look at Purescript (purescript.org),
which is a Haskell-resembling language with strict evaluation, designed
to compile straightforwardly into Javascript and interoperate with it.
Several other backends are also available or in progress.