Camelot a good tool for me

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 22 10:24:08 EDT 2015

On 22/05/2015 08:59, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> I want to learn a lot of things. For example writing database and
> graphical applications. For database I decided on SQLAlchemy and GUI
> on Tkinter. In principal I want to write Python 3 applications.
>
> I came across Camelot. As I understand it, this is something to write
> graphical database applications fast. It works with Qt, but that
> should not be a big problem. It is just to get me started. But it
> seems only to work with 2.7 and not 3. Is this true?
>
> Would Camelot be a good tool to get me started, or can I better bite
> the bullet and just start with Tkinter and SQLAlchemy?

As others have already said plain SQL is perfectly adequate in many
situations.  There are also other ORMs with peewee and ponyORM springing
straight to my mind, although there's certainly a far longer list.  What
it gets down to is "horses for courses" and you're the only person who
(hopefully) knows the course you're running :)

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence