No ttk in 2.7

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Wed May 20 12:43:19 EDT 2015

On Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 12:35:40 PM UTC-4, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> I want to start playing with tkinter, but there are some differences
> between 2 and 3. For this I use at the moment the following code:
>     import sys
>
>     if sys.version_info[0] < 3:
>         import Tkinter as tk
>         import ttk
>     else:
>         import tkinter as tk
>         from   tkinter import ttk
> or can it better be done in another way?

Are you sure you want this program to run under both 2.x and 3.x?
That will add a layer of complexity to your project. If your
goal is to learn how to use Tkinter, you might be better off just
picking one version of Python, and sticking with it.

Deciding what versions of Python to support is not always a simple
decision.  It should be based on a realistic assessment of who will
be using your program, and what requirements they will have.

--Ned.