Help for a newbie regarding code & physical switches

alister alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com
Wed May 20 04:46:26 EDT 2015

On Wed, 20 May 2015 00:54:40 -0700, Howard Spink wrote:

> Thanks for your help. I want the python to run automatically after boot
> and show a blank white screen, when a combination of GP10 inputs are
> HIGH python displays one of 150 JPEGS. Is this possible? what sort of
> boot times can I get with Arch?

Please don't top post as it makes the conversation difficult to follow,
interleaved posting is the prefered style for this news group

Your question is probably best asked in the raspberry pi news group
comp.sys.raspberry-pi

> On Wednesday, 20 May 2015 08:14:50 UTC+1, Christian Gollwitzer  wrote:
>> Am 20.05.15 um 08:49 schrieb Howard Spink:
>> > I have a Pi + SD card with Pi OS + PiTfT screen
>> >
>> > I am trying to display specific JPEGs when certain combination of
>> > GP10 inputs are HIGH. I would like to use Python, I have no
>> > background in programming. Can someone point me on the right tracks?
>> >

>> No bg in programming is not very helpful. I suggest you do some
>> tutorials. For instance, the PiTFT has this:
>>
>> https://learn.adafruit.com/downloads/pdf/adafruit-pitft-28-inch-
resistive-touchscreen-display-raspberry-pi.pdf

--
Now it's time to say goodbye
To all our company...