Rule of order for dot operators?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed May 20 03:29:18 EDT 2015

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars at web.de> writes:

> Ned Batchelder wrote:
>
> > Be considerate. Be respectful.
>
> And who appointed you moderator?

Ned is telling you how we are all expected to behave here, and that you
have violated the norms of behaviour to other participants here.

He does so with authority as someone who understands the norms here.
Moderator privileges are not required for that.

> If that’s the way this newsgroup works, I am off here. (But I
> seriously doubt it.) Because that is _not_ how Usenet is supposed to
> work.

None the less, that is how this forum works. We are part of the Python
community here, and we expect all participants to treat each other with
respect and consideration.

--
 \     “It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use |
  `\                                         it well.” —Rene Descartes |