Slices time complexity

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Wed May 20 02:46:39 EDT 2015

Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com>:

> In short any language that is implemented on von Neumann hw will need
> to address memory.

I don't think von Neumann hardware plays a role here. I think the data
model is inherent in Python/Java/Lisp regardless of the underlying
formalism (which could be SKI combinatory calculus or any other
Turing-complete formalism).

> And although they are equal as in '==' they are not equal as in
> behavior, memory usage etc, a fact that can only be elucidated by
> box-n-arrow diagrams.

That's what I meant when I asked if you can get Python without getting
something like C first. It seems the answer is, you probably can't.

Marko