Slices time complexity

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue May 19 01:13:58 EDT 2015

On Tuesday 19 May 2015 12:20, Rustom Mody wrote:

> I must say I am impressed by C#/.Net for making the value/object
> distinction first-class all the way from language to VM.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you referring to something similar
to Java's distinction between native/unboxed types versus objects and boxed
values?

Apart from the possible efficiency gains, what benefit do you see from
distinguishing between "values which are objects" versus "values which are
not objects"?

--
Steve