Survey -- Move To Trash function in Python?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri May 15 14:33:16 EDT 2015

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 4:27 AM,  <random832 at fastmail.us> wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2015, at 00:25, Chris Angelico wrote:
>> The main thing is that trashing invites the system to delete the file
>> at its leisure,
>
> I've never seen a system whose trash can emptied itself without user
> intervention.

They always grow to infinity on your systems? Huh. That's probably the
better option, but I've had to manage Windowses back as far as XP
recently (back as far as W95 but not for many years, fortunately) and
the system would very kindly remove from the trash... I'm fairly sure
the algorithm was either random or outright malicious, but it did
remove stuff.

ChrisA