Feature Request: Reposition Execution

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Fri May 15 02:06:18 EDT 2015

Am 15.05.15 um 05:58 schrieb Skybuck Flying:
> Thanks for the ideas, I haven't tried them yet.
>
> I wonder if they will work in a multi-threaded fashion.
>
> I doubt it.
>
> The run_script runs in it's own thread.

It would be of enormous help if you would create a minimal script just
like the above for your situation. What does it mean, runs in a thread?
How do you achieve that from Jython?

> The exception would have to be raise from another thread. (The other
> thread check for errors and needs to abort the run script).

Well usually you can pass messages between the threads, wait for
termination etc. I've got no experience with threading in Jython;
however this site
http://www.jython.org/jythonbook/en/1.0/Concurrency.html
suggests that there is a large number of primitives available to do that.

Concerning "Resume", what do you expect: A) starting afresh from the
beginning or B) continue the execution at the point where the exception
was thrown? Because A) is/should be  easy, B) could be impossible

	Christian