anomaly

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Tue May 12 20:56:53 EDT 2015

On Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 6:17:41 AM UTC+5:30, John Ladasky wrote:
> On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 3:16:16 AM UTC-7, Antoon Pardon wrote:
>
> > Try overriding None, True or False in python3 and see what happens.
>
> Much fun was able to be had in Python 2, though:
>
>     Python 2.7.6 (default, Mar 22 2014, 22:59:56)
>     [GCC 4.8.2] on linux2
>     Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>     >>> True = False
>     >>> True
>     False
>

> Every politician's dream!

I actually had a use case for this [Or I am a politician]
Scheme had two True-s #T was the proper true and plain T was the legacy from
Lisp which was deprecated.
To make sure students would use #T and not T I had sneaked in somewhere
[dont exactly remember where/how] a
(set! T nil)
ie T = nil

As far as I was concerned it was moving from deprecation to all-out error
However 2 decades later and some of those (victims) still remember:
You made TRUE into FALSE!!