anomaly

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue May 12 11:36:17 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-12, alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/05/2015 1:39 AM, zipher wrote:
>> On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 10:34:24 AM UTC-5, Grant Edwards wrote:
>>> That Python, like COBOL, is an eminently practical language.
>>
>> LOL!  Good one.
>
> I would make an incredibly substantial wager that you've never developed
> anything of note in either Python or COBOL.

I've write a lot of Python code over the past 15 years.  I only made
one attempt at a COBOL program.  It was using punch cards and a
card-reader connected to a remote mainframe via a 2400 baud link. That
was not fun.

I'm not sure what your point is, though.

COBOL may be an ugly, icky, language, but you must admit it is
_practical_.  It can be used to get real work done.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Where does it go when
                                  at               you flush?