anomaly

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon May 11 21:59:13 EDT 2015

On Tue, 12 May 2015 02:43 am, zipher wrote:

> For example, have you ever contemplated this:
>
> class WeightedVertex(vertex_common(Vertex(dict))):
> """test class"""

No.

> That currently isn't valid Python code,

Yes it is. You just have to arrange matters so that
vertex_common(Vertex(dict)) returns a type.

> but the idea is that I'm making
> composite objects that expand one upon the other -- another basic idea in
> the realm of theoretical OOP that this boneheaded community couldn't wrap
> it's head around.

Yes, I'm sure that from where you are floating around in space way beyond
the stratosphere, we must all look like feeble-minded ants.

But at least we know what is valid Python and what isn't.

--
Steven