smart scheduling for webapp tester

Fetchinson . fetchinson at googlemail.com
Mon May 11 16:31:53 EDT 2015

I'm looking into a robust solution for web application testing. While
selenium is great for the actual testing, I'm thinking of a scheduler
as the final piece in the pipeline. Let's say I have 4 websites that I
need to test periodically, A, B, C, D. I'd like to be able to define
things like "run the tests for site A once a day" or "run the tests
for site B twice a day indefinitely" or "run the tests for site C
twice a week between now and 2 months from now" or "run the tests for
site C once a week between May 25 and June 21".

What would be the right scheduling tool for this? I know about the
standard tools like cron, sched, etc, and first even wrote one myself
(which became of course unmanagable after a short while :)) but was
hoping a more sophisticated tool is available.

Any ideas?
Daniel