anomaly

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon May 11 11:44:39 EDT 2015

On Mon, 11 May 2015 11:27 pm, Antoon Pardon wrote:

> The point is that all too often someone wants to defend a specific choice
> the developers have made and cites some general rule or principle in
> support, ignoring the fact that python breaks that rule/principle in other
> area's.

"It's a free country, you can do what you like."

"No I can't, I'm not allowed to kill people."

"Um, okay."

Just because there are exceptions to a rule doesn't mean it isn't a general
rule. A few exceptions are just exceptions, they don't invalidate the fact
that "consenting adults" is a basic design principle of Python.

--
Steven